Friday, 07 September 2007

cure yourself of excusitis pt 3

Age excusitis

....the failure disease of never being the right age comes in two easily identifiable forms: the "I'm too old" variety & the "I'm too young" brand.

How to handle age excusitis:

1) Look at your present age positively. Think, "I'm still young," not "I'm already old". Practice looking forward to new horizons & gain the enthusiasm & the feel of youth.

2) Compute how much productive time you have left. Remember, a person age thirty still has 80% of his productive life ahead of him. And the fifty year old still has a big 40%-the best 40% of his opportunity years left. Life is actually longer than most people think.

3) Invest future time in doing what you really want to do. It' too late only when you let your mind go negative and think it's too late. Stop thinking "I should have started years ago." That's failure thinking. Instead think, "I'm going to start now, my best years are ahead of me." That's the way successful people think.

0 comments: